Greetings fellow readers...
Last weekend the 16th/17th I made a trip to neighborly Swaziland. For those who don't know where it is, it’s southwest of Mozambique, almost totally inside South-African territory.
There I was, heading into something unknown, exploring. Stopping here and there, taking some photos (not a lot because I was traveling alone), smelling nature and enjoying the ride, I headed in the direction of the capital Mbabane and the Ezulwini valley. Well, Swaziland is a 300km by 300km country (or something like it). Very very small, it resembles the European Switzerland (funny they start with the same two letters in their names). The weather is without too much sun, too much wind, and a lot less humidity than Mozambique. With hills not so alive everywhere, up and down we go through the scenery. Plenty of green, plenty of water, and tremendously agreeable. If you ever get the chance to know something about it, please do.
Well, as far as work is concerned, everything is at a stall. I'm still questioning people to get a glimpse of what goes on the company.
I hope nothing happens the next couple of days. There’s something in the air that stinks… And it’s not the turned-over garbage containers with the local hobo eating from the floor. It’s a country filled of asymmetries… The very rich see the very poor stay very poor. As for the poor, they don’t know how to be anything else… Even seeing the richer getting richer at their expense. It’s a war out here...
J.C.
No comments:
Post a Comment