Welcome Note

Welcome all that arrive here, at my thoughts and experiences. Be them on the road, or be it solely on my mind, I decided to share them with you, fellow friend and fellow stranger. Hope you enjoy this testimonial record of my life as much as I did, do, and will, through time, live like there is no tomorrow...

Saturday, July 02, 2005

A Marriage in Africa

Well friends, last post I told you that there would be some people here from my college. So far, it's funny to see their astonished faces as they look upon the same scenery as I did a couple of months ago... Since I’ve been tied up with work and unable to find some strength to do something afterwards, my friends had the chance to scavenge the city in a very tourist-like fashion.

Glazing at another end of week sunsets, some planning was at work for the 3 days to come. As one of them had family here, it seemed that there was a wedding dinner. Minor detail: an Indian wedding! A small ceremony of 900 people. So there we were! Caucasians, Catholics (the majority) and dressed in European style. The immensity of colors, of smells, of sights and sounds. In the end, the cherry on top was the chance to meet the bride and groom. They had the face of the "who the hell are these people?" but eventually we even got to take a picture with them! The dinner hall had a stage in the end of it, specifically for the photos. Staring at every one, and everyone staring back at us, the look of the "who the hell are these people?" was back again and spread all over the guest’s faces. Lining beside them, we smiled and wished the beloved couple the very best…

JC

No comments: