Welcome Note

Welcome all that arrive here, at my thoughts and experiences. Be them on the road, or be it solely on my mind, I decided to share them with you, fellow friend and fellow stranger. Hope you enjoy this testimonial record of my life as much as I did, do, and will, through time, live like there is no tomorrow...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Open Water Scuba Diving - Part 2

In my last post I wrote about my first two open water course dives. Here's my last two of four.

Sunday morning we awoke to the sound of my cellphone. It was our instructor calling us to get to the dive camp. It was 7am! Half-awaken we went, with nothing in our stomachs. Quickly checked our gear and off to the boat. A small briefing ashore and a couple of minutes later we were in the water. It was 8am. Still sleepy as hell...

This time it proved rewarding. We got to see some fish and some reef! This time we went down to 13 meters. Although it was deeper than our first dives it was easier. Equalizing went great. No problems at all.

We got to see some turtles, stingrays, dragon fish, scorpion fish, morrey eels, stone fish, clown fish, false clown fish, and a bunch of others I can't remember the name. It was great. A clown fish couple even attacked us from being so close their nest... Filipa, you should've known they were defending themselves...

The best part was when we were heading back from our last dive. We were thinking it was over when some dolphins approached the boat. Everyone jumped in and took some photos, me included. Since it's a disposable water-proof camera and I didn't get through the entire film, I'll have to wait if anything came out from that immediate encounter of the third degree...

And that was it. I still need to take a theory test to be acknowldged as a certified open water scuba diver (honey, we're all going to finish the course at the same time).

JC

No comments: