I never thought I would do this. But I did it. And I wanna do it more often!
A bit awkward at first, with all the equalizing the pressure and all, eventually (and persistently) I went down and down some more till my fins touched the seabed. It was graded a great first dive for us, me, my wife, Vasco and Filipa. The sad thing was that we dodn't get to see any fish or reef. Just sand. Hawfully quiet and dormant sand, amidst underwater currents, god knows where they were going. Pure bliss it was. Hearing nothing but your own bubbles and swimming into the unknown (well, not that unknown. Our instructor knew were the way), it was truly rastafarian (am I repeating myself?). Ever so calm and relaxed, abiding by the laws of nature and respecting the great blue sea (one of them actually...).
If any of you out there are up for it, please do. It's a great way to know and respect our planet. Even if for a brief moment.
JC
A bit awkward at first, with all the equalizing the pressure and all, eventually (and persistently) I went down and down some more till my fins touched the seabed. It was graded a great first dive for us, me, my wife, Vasco and Filipa. The sad thing was that we dodn't get to see any fish or reef. Just sand. Hawfully quiet and dormant sand, amidst underwater currents, god knows where they were going. Pure bliss it was. Hearing nothing but your own bubbles and swimming into the unknown (well, not that unknown. Our instructor knew were the way), it was truly rastafarian (am I repeating myself?). Ever so calm and relaxed, abiding by the laws of nature and respecting the great blue sea (one of them actually...).
If any of you out there are up for it, please do. It's a great way to know and respect our planet. Even if for a brief moment.
JC
No comments:
Post a Comment